Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring

Well, spring (more like mud season) is here. There's tons of outdoor work to be done around the farm. I'm busy taking a few hours per day just clearing trails in the woods. We've had tons of blow downs from the winter. More branches than usual. I've already sent my husband, Peter, out with the chain saw.

Trying to keep my gray horse, Gully, clean is not working. He loves being muddy and this is his favorite season. He looks in the mirror and his reflection lives up to his expectations. I'm riding him at 7am in the mornings so no one sees how dirty he is. That's the best time to ride anyway. All of the birds are singing now.

Believe it or not, we still have snow but not everywhere. Just in shady spots in the woods and fields and still up to 8" in places.

No comments:

Post a Comment