Friday, April 17, 2009

My older dog, Callie


Our 12 y.o. French Brittany, Callie, (photo by Mary Fournier) had a bout with grand mal seizures this week. Very scary. It took 13hrs for the vets to get them under control. What I attributed to old age personality and physical changes this past year have turned out to be symptoms of a brain tumor, or so they suspect.

She's now having a difficult time adjusting to the antiseizure medication which has caused her to become extremely lethargic, restless, very anxious at times, and very unsteady on her feet. I'm having to lift her up and down stairs, etc. I've been unable to paint and have become a private nurse instead. The vets say if we can get through the initial two weeks of this adjustment to the medication, things should be looking up on the third week. I'm hoping. I feel so sorry for her and want her to continue to enjoy her life.


If I don't paint over a few days when at home, I'm become easily agitated. It's almost like a drug. I have to paint. I've got my fingers crossed tomorrow will be a day in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment