Friday, February 6, 2009

First post in the life of an artist

After numerous requests, I've decided to start a blog. I thought this might be a fun time to start it as I have my fourth yearly one woman show at Dog&Horse Fine Art Gallery in Charleston, S.C. next week. The reception is Thursday evening, Feb. 12th, 5-7:30pm and the show will run for a month. This show is in conjunction with the Southeastern Wildlife Expo which takes over the entire city of Charleston Friday, Feb. 13th- Sunday, Feb. 15th. I have many of the paintings that will be exhibited displayed on my website : www.bethcarlsonportraits.com under "Upcoming shows". Quite a few have sold already which is good news, considering the economy.

I've been invited to a new Plantation while we're down there so I hope to have many more photographs for reference material for my quail hunting paintings.

From Charleston, we're heading to Aiken with the hopes finding some leads for a rental for next winter. We've also been invited to ride a brace or two in a Field Trial in Georgia and will do that with friends on their Tennessee Walkers. I'm going to take my camera along for the ride more reference photographs for upcoming paintings. So look foward to many photographs in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment